Sunday, October 7, 2012

Key Hanger

So, I received TWO, count them TWO, gift cards to Michael's for my birthday. WHAT?! I love that place. My friends and family are geniuses (I always suspected)! So I went in search of a craft for my blog. This is what I came up with (you can all thank my sister, Emily and my friend, Christie... you're welcome):

Here's What You Will Need:


  • Wooden plaque of some sort
  • Wood letter
  • Gray spray paint primer
  • Whatever color spray paint you want
  • Sponge brush
  • Small command hooks

Let's Get Started:


1. Spray your plaque with primer (sorry, I forgot to take pictures of this step!) Allow to dry for about ten minutes.
2. Spray your plaque with your spray paint. This may take a couple of coats. Mine took about three coats and still wasn't completely covered, but I am impatient, so I stopped at that point.
3. Paint the outside using your sponge brush. Allow to dry completely.
4. Adhere the letter to the plaque using wood glue.
5. I had to allow the wood glue to cure for several hours, but I am glad I did because it is super strong. I also used the wood glue to stick the command hooks to the back of the plaque.
6. Then I added a picture hanger to the back and hung it up!
VOILA!

No comments:

Post a Comment