Sunday, December 16, 2012

Easy Gift Plaque

So, I wanted to be crafty for Christmas. I have made all of the gifts for our family. However, you don't get to see any of them until after Christmas because they all read my blog! All, of course, except my dad. He does not read blogs, so you get to see his gift. Hurray!

The Finished Product:



What You Will Need:


  • Wooden plaque - I got mine from Michael's and used my 50% off coupon. SCORE.
  • Spray primer
  • Any color of spray paint in matte
  • Wooden decorations
  • Picture stand ($3 from Michael's - I just love that place)
  • Not pictured - spray finishing gloss
  • Not pictured - wood glue
  • 8.5" x 11" Card stock
  • Pazzle, Cricut, Sillouette, or Xacto Knife and stencil
  • Sponge brush
  • Acrylic paint

Let's Get Started:


1. Spray your plaque with primer.
2. Let dry for about 10 minutes, spray with your color. I only did one coat because I did a really good coat of primer and didn't need to. Thank goodness for primer.
3. Leave plaque to dry.
4. Pick your quote and fire up your Pazzle, Cricut, Sillouette, or grab your Xacto knife and stencil. I decided on a font and then cut it out of card stock.
5. I love my mom's Pazzle, but I always have to do some trimming.
 6. Lay your newly created stencil on top of your (now dry) plaque. Mine didn't move, so no worries about tacking it down. Start sponging your paint lightly into the stencil. Be sure to use only a small amount of paint or it will bleed through the stencil (Oops, I did that - oh well, it makes it more homemade-y ...right?)
7. Carefully pick up your stencil.
8. Adhere your wooden decoration using wood glue.
9. Allow to dry for a few hours and VOILA!


As always, thanks to my beautiful mama, who is my loving and faithful assistant/master crafter!










No comments:

Post a Comment