Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fall Wreath

In keeping with my deep, deep, deep desire for Fall weather and the holidays, my mom and I attempted a project today that turned out quite well, in my opinion! This one makes me proud because we used mostly silk flowers that we already had around the house and we used our 50% of one item at Michael's to buy our wreaths, so this project cost about $28 for two 22" wreaths!

The Final Product:




What You Will Need:




  • 1 Grapevine wreath in whatever size you like
  • Silk flowers
  • Optional: gourds and berries
  • Ribbon
  • Wire
  • Wire cutters
  • Hot glue gun

Let's Get Started:


1.  Take your silk flowers and cut them from the base using your wire cutters. 
2. Lay all the flowers out the same direction so that you can see what you have.
3. This is the point where you would want to either make a bow out of your ribbon, or attach a pre-made bow using floral wire. I am lucky because my mom made my bow!

4. Lay wreath flat on the table and start laying your foliage out so you can get a good idea of what you want, but do not glue yet.
5. Remove all the pieces, CAREFULLY laying them approximately where they would go around the outside of the wreath.
6. Now is the artistic part. You can use your wire cutters to cut off the pieces that you want to use and just go to town. Wherever you put a piece in, make sure to use enough hot glue so that it won't fall off, especially if it is going to be outside. 
7. Keep filling in until you reach your desire level of fullness. Tip: add gourds, berries, etc. in groups of 3.
8. Optional: I added a C for my last name using hot glue and twine to secure it to the wreath.
9. Hang on your front door and enjoy!
My mom's is on the left and mine is on the right.
VOILA!

No comments:

Post a Comment