Sunday, July 29, 2012

Fleur de Lis Picture Frames

So, I was looking for something to hang on two small walls that frame an opening into my kitchen. We bought a table and decorated it, but the walls made the project look unfinished. I tried SEVERAL things (that all failed) with four dollar store mirrors. Finally, with help from my mom, I settled on something that worked - and looks ADORABLE on my wall!

The Finished Product:


What You Will Need:
  • As many dollar store frames as you want (they're only a dollar)
  • Mod Podge
  • Either a Xacto Knife, Cricut Machine, or something like it (We used the PAZZLE. It's fabulous)
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Spray Paint 
  • Hot glue gun

Let's Get Started:

1. Separate frames from the cardboard backs.
2.  Lay frames face up on a piece of cardboard or whatever you don't mind paint getting on.
3. Spray frames with spray paint. Note: I didn't particularly care if the coverage was perfect, so I didn't prime it. But, if you care, prime first, then paint.
4. While the frames are drying, mod podge scrapbook paper to the cardboard insert of the frame.








5. Use the Pazzle or whatever tool you are using to cut out a pretty shape.
6. Mod Podge the shape to the center of the cardboard insert.
7. Hot glue the insert back into the frame.
8. Hang on wall.



VOILA! Super easy. Props to my mom for not letting my throw the mirrors away when my etching project went bad! These are even cuter than my original idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment